There are a lot of food choices all around the metro now a days, everywhere I turn there is a new buffet opening. With the overwhelming amount of food and flavors it is best to be selective. I had the opportunity to dine at the newly opened Quezon Fipino-Spanish Buffet Restaurant.
After the success of their first concept buffets Guevarra’s Gruppo Guevarra’s Inc. (GGI) has opened its doors in Quezon City aptly named Quezon buffet.
Carrying GGI’s vision, Quezon Buffet undoubtedly exudes with high-caliber dishes at very affordable rates. Quezon showcased variety of gastronomic fares that will surely suit everyone’s palates. It merges the comforts of home and gourmet delicacies by catering our country’s cuisines.
Nestled in the heart of Quezon Avenue, Quezon buffet carries an ambiance of an old world charm and rustic appeal. GGI upholds their commitment in reminding that general public especially the younger generations about our country’s greatest heroes; as well as preserving our culture through local cuisines.
Quezon is being developed as haven for delectable cuisines that every Filipino would crave for.
Highlighting Filipino-Spanish heritage that embodies classic food that includes roasting stations, various meat dishes, seafood, grains and noodles, fresh salads, flavorful soups and dessert selections.
Want to learn more? Read on!
Much of the inspiration behind the effort came from their collective ideas to acknowledge the deep historical connection during President Quezon’s era, and this is through sustainable cooking of exquisite dishes. Here are some of their noteworthy specialties that will make you come back for more.
Check out their some of their succulent selection below:
- Regarded as the centerpiece in Quexon, Lechon Baka is savory meat roasted to perfection, served with its special sauce. This classic entree is so tender to bite and rich in flavor. This one will surely win the hearts of the diners across all ages.
- Seafood lovers will take delight in the shrimp dish Gambas, a recognizable entree in Filipino-Spanish cuisine. “Gambas” in Spanish pertains to prawns and is considered being both appetizer and main dish. Quezon highlighted versatility of this dish with a marriage of sweet, salty and spicy concoction.
- This raved Ilocano cuisine contains boiled and grilled pig parts such as the ears, face and liver which carries a spicy sour taste that soothes your appetite.
- Hailed as the king of every Spanish gathering. Paella is a mixture of rice with seafood and vegetables served in typical flat pan from Mediterranean Spanish Coast. Here is Quezon, it is traditionally cooked with homemade fresh broth that will gratify your hunger.
I love that their dishes and desserts focuses on the Pinoy Taste and Pinoy comfort food.
Turon with Langka
- Turon is one of the popular desserts catered in the Philippines. Quezon preserves its traditional way by wrapping the saba in lumpia wrappers with twist of langka syrup on the side.
- One of the signature desserts this local favorite right smack the craving of your sweet tooth. This fluffy sliced cake is a combination of meringue and sweet chewy custard filling.
This will absolutely be a perfect sweet treat with a rich and cool taste that everybody will love.
THE MAN AT THE HELM
Corporate Chef Kalel Chan is the Chef behind various fine-dining and high-ended restaurants.
Considered as one of the Top 10 good-looking chef, Kalel is surprisingly charming and down to earth. He goes for innovative fusion cooking adds creativeness to his masterpieces.
Chef Kalel is always eager to discover new trends in culinary industry and adapts them in this food creations.
He is conservative with his local taste when it comes to his favorite food. which happens to be his all-time favorite adobo.
He has envisioned Quezon as a place where guest can experience a historic vibes through the food they serve. To elevate the local food scene, Chef Kalel emphasizes the use of fresh local ingredients into appetizing dishes.
QUEZON BUFFET, A PLACE LIKE HOME
Exuding with elegant ambiance, Quezon Buffet incorporates classic lines and Art deco pieces into its interior, creating a classic touch. The backdrops are great for photo taking which is a known Filipino past – time in every family gatherings, an intimate date with your special someone or the perfect bonding tick with your friends.
Quezon exudes a classy vibe from its spacious facade, soft lighting to minimalist interiors of black and white tones. The woodwork and sparkling chandeliers – blends the antiquated with cosmopolitan and classic, as well as the convenience of modern life.
The walls are well themed with photos of the President Quezon through the years, giving customers a nostalgic ambiance.
Quezon gives a convenient and cozy vibe as the dishes are arranged per station ad are neatly presented.
The whole place can accommodate close to 200 persons with spacious function rooms that can accommodate 30-35 persons, respectively.
Complementing the dishes, the place is satisfying as the service is generally noble. their service staff are nice and friendly, accompanying customers from the front lobby up the seats. The depot one of the good traits of every Filipino, which is being hospitable to guests.
Resembling President Manuel Quezon whose name will always be in the hearts of every Filipino, Quezon Buffet is the epitome of this man by serving finest and mouthwatering dishes and yet very affordable price across the board. The extraordinary experience of tasting distinct local flavors will surely with a visit.
Just like in any traditional fiesta or festivity, Quezon truly offers a mixed dinning experience for all ages!
I really enjoyed my dining experience at Quezon Buffet. So whenever you are craving for Pinoy comfort food, You should head on to 2nd level Fisher Mall where Quezon Buffet is located and enjoy the delicious selection of the all time favorites just like the dishes our Lolas used to make!
Until next time !
4 thoughts on “Dragon Foodie Review: Quezon Buffet Gastronomic Cravings Fulfilled with the newest Filipino-Spanish Buffet”
are all the pictures the complete selections already?
Nope. I did not get all the dishes. They were putting a lot of other dishes so fast and people were consuming it all. I think my FB has more photos of the event.
I constantly spent my half an hour too read this website’s articles
or reviews all the tiome along with a cup of coffee.
Hi! I’m at work browsing your blog from my
new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading
your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!