A lot of you may not know other than blogging, I have a day job. I mostly have a pair of earphones and/or headphones all day. So when I received these spanking new Marshall Headphones Marshall Major II (Brown) to unbox and review, I was pretty excited. I usually got through 3 to 4 earphones a year because of the constant wear and tear.
Before I begin with the unboxing, Let`s find out who is Jim Marshall.
Who is Marshall of Marshall headphones?
Marshall is a true rock legend from the U.K. He is actually Jim Marshall, known as the Lord of Loud. The legacy begins in a small shop in Hanwell in the 1960s, where Jim Marshall sought to give a bunch of then-local guitarists the sound they wanted – a sound that was harder, crunchier and richer. The result was the JTM45, an amp that reverberated with a sound that was much heavier than anything ever heard before. In a twist of rock and roll fate – those guitarists, much like the Marshall name, would go on to revolutionize music forever.
That uniquely clear and impressive sound combined with a mythical stage presence has enraptured music fans around the world for five decades. Marshall London is celebrating the brand’s rich heritage with commemorative products that live and breathe Marshall.
Want to see the awesome Major II Brown? Read on!
Marshall headphones and Marshall amplification proudly introduce Major II, the latest headphones succeeding the original Marshall Major.
An impressive second act, the classic Major kicks up its performance a few notches. Updated sound, looks, durability, and improved ergonomics give way to a whole new level of listening. A rock-solid character that’s built to last, the Major II makes its presence known.
Marshall Major II Major Brown is one of the most comfortable headphones I have ever used here are my reasons why.
- The ear caps are very comfortable and covers my ears well since it is rounded. After while you feel the ear caps get heavy and tight and uncomfortable after hours of use not so with the Major Brown.
- I commute a lot, and before I usually read a book which is really bad for my eyes. I opted listening to audiobooks, which is great since I travel 4 hours to and from work, so my time is well spent. I enjoy spending it with Marshall Major II which is fashionable and I get very little outside audio helping me concentrate on the book while traveling.
- On that note, when my daughter and I travel we listen to the same audiobook or song. All she had to do is attach her headphone to mine and we are good to go.
- It folds up and can fit into a small pouch
- The detachable wires never get taggled up with the headphone itself.
- There is a mic and remote control, so I can get calls and turn of my audiobook or music without touching my phone, it works with Android and iOS smartphones.
- The vinyl finish looks so classy and very durable.
- Major Brown work well with a variety of music, but maintain a decent amount of clarity. Overall these headphones are well balanced and sound as good.
- The jacks since there are two are wrapped in metal and is well protected and will not break or crack easily exposing the wires.
- Comes in their 3 classic colors
Although with the hot and humid weather of Manila, it gets really hot when you wear it for more than 3 hours straight.
I enjoy using my Marshall Major II Major Brown whenever I feel like I need some alone time away from all the distracting sound around me. Just me and my choice of JRock music.
Do you wan your own Marshall Major II?
Check out Marshall Major Headphones: https://www.marshallheadphones.com
The Marshall Major II retails for P4,650 at Astroplus, Avid Surfer, Beyond the Box, BZB Gadget Hive, Cebu Audiophile, Complink, Digital Arena, Digital Hub, Digital Walker, E-Central, Egghead, Heima, iCenter, iCon, iStore, iStudio, Lazada (online), Listen Up, Listening Room, Mobile 1, Odyssey, PC Hub, PowerHub, Quicksound, Republik, Senco Link, SM Music & Video, Spectra, Stored Inc, Switch, Sync, Technoholics, TechSavvy, TechShop, and Technopop.
Until next time!